Home Decor: Inspiration Pieces

For my interior decorating class I had been working on a dinning room design. During my research I came across a beautiful picture of Marie Antoinette that inspired my decorating style for this room. Click on the link to see the picture design. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/02/Marie-Antoinette%3B_koningin_der_Fransen.jpg
I fell in love with the rich blue colors and the intricate details of her gown. I was very much touched by her style and decided to choose pieces that were inspired by the French court.
Below are the pieces I have picked with links where you could find them. Please keep in mind that these should serve as inspiration, not as a final decor of the room. However, if you love them and can afford them buy them! :)

For one side of the room I have chosen this Safaview Isabelle Console. I was very impressed with the pretty detailed design. This piece is unique and would match a variety of styles, even if you are mixing and matching modern and classic pieces. Look at the dark marble top of the console and the amazing detail work on the legs.
For the console and a little side table I imagined this hand-painted mirrored lamp would fit right in. What a beautiful piece! It will make any side table or night stand stand-out!
No French inspired room would be completed without a beautiful, large and glamorous chandelier. Have a look at this 26-light Maria Theresa Chandelier. This light fixture is such a statement piece. It would look amazing in any bedroom or a living room. (I could also envision this piece hanging over a self-standing bathtub)
Now the mirror that I originally intended for this room came from an antique store. However, I found this amazing floor mirror, also on Horchow.com. This piece stands seven feet tall. But really there is no such thing as a too big mirror.

I did select vintage chairs at my favorite online vintage dealer, OneKingsLane.com, however they are now sold. I was not able to find similar pieces of the chairs that I originally spotted. However, onekingslane.com has a wide selection of vintage chairs that is  often in great condition. Have a look!
I hope you enjoyed the selected few pieces and they have inspired you to introduce some new elements to your home.
Let me know which piece you liked the best. If you liked this or other posts on my blog don't forget to subscribe!
Thank you!



Image Sources Home Accents, Decorative Accents & Luxury Home Accessories | Horchow. (2014, April 9).Home Accents, Decorative Accents & Luxury Home Accessories | Horchow. Retrieved April 9, 2014, from http://www.horchow.com/Decor/cat000089/c.cat?siloId=cat000089&navid=topNavDecor

Labels: ,