Home Decor: It's all in the details

Hello my lovely friends! Happy Hump Day! I hope you had a great day. Did you smile today? I have been contemplating a lot about what makes a great home style. I think that the devil is in the detail. Obviously when you are buying furniture you want to get the best pieces that you can afford. You want those pieces to represent who you are in life and fill the space and make it functional.

But it's not just the furniture pieces that make a room feel like home, it's the little details that bring a room all together and make it seem decorated. When you decorate you have to consider all members of your family. Don't just put together accent pieces that please you, consider how your cohabitants utilize the space and how the changes you are introducing will change how they feel in the space and how they will use it.

Decoration is not limited to the throw pillows on your sofa, it's everything else, smells in a room, colors of the wall, lighting and furniture set up. As yourself
Who beside me is using this space?
How is this person using the space?
Are there any pieces that they love, maybe little details you are not even aware of.
How will this person be reflected in the space after you redecorate or restyle it?

Since I live with my Mr. I always have to consider what he wants and how he likes to use the space we're  redecorating. I try to incorporate him as much as I can. (Don't forget I also have two pets who have to be part of the lifestyle the new decor/style is incorporating) For the most part he goes along with most of my decorating ideas and loves the end results. It makes me happy that I can create a nice a relaxing home in which he can feel comfortable and relaxed. Here are some shots from around the place. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



Books, a room without books is like a body without a soul.


 Flowers, there must always be flowers. The make me smile and make a room feel alive.

 His and Hers stacks of magazines

What are some of your favorite pieces you like to sprinkle around a room for more interest and to add detail? Share in the comments and don't forget to subscribe!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,