Meet my furry friend tag: Mr. Pickles

Welcome July! Since last month I did a pet tag about my dog Daisy, I though I can't withhold from you my other lovely companion, our cat Mr. Pickles. So, let's get started:

1. What is your pets name?
The official name is Sam, but we lovingly call him Mr. Pickles.


2. What kind of pet is it and what breed?
Mr. Pickles is a cat and he is an American short hair. 
3. How long have you had your pet friend?
Mr. Pickles has been with us since 2011. 
4. How did you get your pet?
Mr. Pickles was a stray cat roaming the streets of Florida looking for a loving home. He would eat scraps of food and sleep on the steps of our apartment. We felt bad for him since the weather in Florida is very hot and humid in the summer and decided to take him in. Actually, it wasn't us who made the decision it was Daisy. She enjoyed playing with him as soon as we would take her outside he would come to her and they would play and the cat would follow us along the entire apartment complex. Since Daisy seemed to be accepting of him we decided to give him a home. They have been best friends since. 


5. How old is your pet?
Mr. Pickles age is unknown. 
6. What are some quirky things about your pets personality?
That's difficult for me to say. I've never had a cat, so pretty much everything he does is entertaining to me. He climbs up on book shelves and cries to get down and when I come to "rescue" him he ignores me. Mr. Pickles also enjoys watching my dog eat. He would sit on the table and look down on her as she chows down her food. One of the weirdest things he does is sitting on top of the cable box (and he can do that for hours) He meows a lot, especially in the morning when he wants to eat. So we talk to each other and it's a pretty good conversation. 

I love watching Mr. Pickles observing birds outside. Mr. Pickles also likes to eat that plant, here he is checking if I am paying attention. 


7. What does your relationship with your pet mean to you?
Pickles is now part of our family. When I was a kid I was bit by a cat and had to get shots. Interacting with him and seeing how loving he can be despite the hard life he had made me change my view of cats and of the type of pet and companions they can be. 
8. What are some of your favorite past times with your pet?
Mr. Pickles is a funny cat, he is entertained by the simplest things, so when we play we can play with unsophisticated things such as strings or even shoe laces. He smacks my toes when I move them on the carpet. I like watching him observing birds outside the window. My favorite is when he comes to cuddle in the morning before I get up. He cuddles up and allows me to rub him. I also like when he sits on the counter top and supervises how much food he would be getting in the morning. 
9. What are nicknames that you call your pet?
Mr. Pickles or cat god. Since sometimes he looks down upon us like a ruler or the world. 

Hope you have enjoyed my little cat tag. Do you have a cat? What are some of your favorite things about him or her? 

Labels: , , , , , ,