How do you define success?




“I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ” 
― Oprah Winfrey

I came across this quote by Oprah that to me defines success pretty nicely, we all have our personal legend that defines our lives our sense of "me". To me writing my blog is a personal success, it affords me with creative outlet to share my decoration obsessions With every new subscriber, with every new comment I feel I accomplished something. I have possibly inspired someone to explore a new idea in her/his home. I hope I have inspired a person to create a beautiful home that makes her feel beautiful on the inside and on the outside. I hope that I have added another Glamista. :) My service is to help other women feel glamorous, fabulous about themselves and where they are in life.

Lately, I have been reading a variety of articles and listening to a lot of interviews that want to quantify success. Unfortunately, the society we live in often defines and measures success with material things: what car we drive, what zip code we live in, what type of handbag we use or what's the brand of our shoes. 

Don't get me wrong I love me some new shoes and a nice bag to match. But, are those things really providing a lasting key to success and happiness? How do you define success for yourself? Do you set yearly goals that you want to achieve? Do you share success with others? What completes you? Does your professional success provides a key to personal happiness?

I would love to hear your thoughts about success. There is no right or wrong, success is what and how you define it. Please share your comments below!

Labels: , , , , ,