How to decorate your coffee table

Hello my lovely Glamistas, hope you have been having a wonderful week. What have you been up to this week? Anything fun?





Today, I wanted to give you a little glimpse of my coffee table. I am forever challenged by my coffee table. I love giving it a make-over on a pretty regular basis. The real challenge is the oval shape of the table. I like to put up decor in odd numbers, three candle holders, three vases, etc. However, because of the odd shape, I find that adding a third decor element makes the table overloaded.
I typically stack books, magazines, a tray with flowers and candles to make the space more inviting and fun.

Outside of the obvious flowers, I add a conversation piece, sometimes it's my Jonathan Adler animal print tray or sometimes it's the JA coasters. All of them have a different animal printed and it's a fun conversation starter: What do you want to be today? Zebra or tiger?:)
Plus, those are a nice way to figure out the ownership of a glass. Everyone knows the animal they are.





This time around I have created a long display of three clearly defined items: 

1. I have added some magazines and home decor catalogs, you can always put a cup of coffee on those of a plate of snacks while watching a movie to protect the table surface. I like to flip through the pages of the periodicals and rip out pages that inspire me and items that I like to come back to later.

2. I always have a tray of some sort on the table. I use it for several reasons, first it organizes all the items and groups them all together. This way all the decor pieces looks much more "intended" and put together. Second, most of the time I place candles and flowers on the table and a tray protects the table surface from heat and water damage or stains.

3. I added an air plant to the end of the table. Initially I put the plant there for a few hours so it can get some sun, but I ended up liking it there, so I kept it for a few days.

What do you think? Would you use any of the elements on your coffee table? How do you decorate your coffee table? Do you leave it blank or do you decorate it for seasons?

I am looking forward to your comments below!



Labels: , , , , ,