How to make sweet potato fries at home



I don't know about you, but I love fries and lately sweet potato fries have been the big craze. I wanted to be able to make them at home without having to buy the frozen option at the grocery store- self-made just seem to taste much better. Here is my easy recipe of how I make yummy sweet potato fries. Note, I add crushed pepper flakes for a spicy kick. 

You will need: 
2-3 sweet potatoes
Salt
2 table spoons of oil 
Spices, I used smoked paprika, spicy paprika, Turmeric and crushed pepper

Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven and how crispy you want the fries 

Wash your potatoes and slice them in even strips. Slicing them into even strips might take a few minutes longer, but it's not just visually more appealing, it will help the fries to cook at the same time. 
After you sliced the potatoes, put them in a bowl and add the spices from above along with 2-3 table spoons of oil. Spice to your taste. 
Line the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. This will allow from quicker and more even baking. 


Heat up your oven at 425F. I put my fries for 15-20 minutes on one side, flip them and cook them for another 5-10 minutes. Since I like mine more on the crispy side I keep them in for 10 minutes. 

When they are done I sprinkle some truffle salt for a kick of flavor and serve them with a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce. 

Do you like sweet potato fries? What is your favorite place to get them? 

Labels: , , ,